He will always be a part of me… but now, I can put him where he belongs – in the past. Part of my wayward youth that was lived too hard and too fast and in a world that wasn’t real. It was real, what I felt for Jules; I’ll never deny that. No more lying to myself or to you or the kids. I love Julian True. But it was a fragile love that didn’t pass the test of time. When it broke apart, I never let it go. I held the pieces together, thinking – dreaming – that they’d magically fuse again. I was so busy holding them, I never noticed the emptiness in my hands. I was a fool, Liam. And it took a smack upside the head to make me see the truth. You’re the one I love, and if you’ll give me another chance, I’ll love you until the day I die. You’ll never, ever wonder again.
Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah
----------
Sometimes people get so caught up with the memories of the past that they ignore what is in front of them in the now. They tend to hang on so tightly to memories of a love gone by that they ignore the person who is hanging onto them in the present. People get so blinded by what they had that they fail to recognize the love that is right in front of them. What a pity. Wasting their lives reliving and wishing for a past that would never come back when true love is just waiting for them to recognize it.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment