Tuesday, February 10, 2009

14 Days To Love - Day 10: Loving Despite The Pain

Slowly, I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. I wanted to give comfort to her as well as take some for myself. After all, she and I were afflicted with the same pain. We were both in love with someone who could not love us back.

Room 101 – Belen Morabella (First Love, a compilation of short stories)

----------

He’s the doctor and she’s the patient. He’s in love with her and she’s in love with her dead husband. Such a heartbreaking love story. Why do you think that some people still choose to love somebody even though they know that they will just get hurt? That their love will only bring them pain? Then again, is love ever a choice?

2 comments:

k a r e n said...

I think love blossoms when and where we least expect it which is probably why we all think that we don't choose who we fall in-love with. I think it starts out with liking someone even in the minute sense and little by little that feeling grows until one day we realize we love that person. We may not even be aware of it for a long period of time so when we do come to the realization of being in-love, it seems all so sudden.

I think that once we realize we are in love with someone, that's when the "choice" comes in. We either choose to nurture that love whether by pursuing it or hiding it for one reason or another.

jen said...

Hmm...makes sense. :)