If there are people who I’m really confident with when it comes to giving unconditional love, they are our mothers. Sometimes I even think, that God had sent them here on earth to be our guardian angels.
You see, I have this thing that’s been bothering me for quite sometime already and as always, I’ve been keeping it to myself. Then, accidentally my Mama found out all about it so I decided to tell her the truth, also saying that she need not worry and let me handle it, as I don’t want to add up to an already overflowing inbox of worries on her desk. But did she listen? No, of course not. She went and took everything off my hands and into her more capable ones.
Truth be told, I was so much relieved. But it also made me ashamed of myself. I’m a twenty-four year old girl and the eldest in a brood of four, you’d expect that I’m already matured enough to lead my own life and put it in order. And you’d not expect me to always depend on my mother whenever I get into a mess, especially when it’s of my own doing. That instead of her helping me, I should be the one helping her and make her life much bearable.
Oh well, maybe I still have a lot of growing up to do. And that means more rough roads and failures before I finally get to where I’m headed. But that’s fine with me. Not because I have a mother who’s always willing to pick-up the pieces of my mistakes. But it’s because I have a mother who’s always willing to guide me and help me back up on my feet. A mother who’s always willing to listen to me and give me a sound advise. A mother who’s more than willing to let me cry on her shoulders and who wipes away my tears or sometimes, cry with me. A mother who does all that and more and yet let’s me be the person who I want to be.
Somehow, it makes me confident that wherever or whatever life brings me, I will make it just fine. So long as I don’t let go of her guiding hand.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment