Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Something new...

Last Friday, I told myself that I want something new to start my week next week. It’s either I do something with my hair or my face or buy a new blouse or slacks or bag or shoes. Anything! So long as I get something new! And it’s for no particular reason at all. How weird is that? Hehe..

Anyway, I wasn’t able to do something with my hair or face. And I didn’t buy a blouse or slacks or bag or shoes either. Guess what I bought? I bought contact lenses!!!

Actually, I’ve been planning it for a long time but I never really got around to it and I wasn’t even planning to get it yesterday. But when I passed by Executive Optical Shop on my way home yesterday, it’s like a certain kind of gravity pulled me there and started asking the shop assistant what I want and after ten minutes, I went out of there with contact lenses on my eyes!

And I can tell you that I really feel good about it. It’s like I’ve been blind for such a long time and am seeing the whole world again for the first time and it feels soooo good. I don’t have to squint everytime, especially when I’m commuting, so I won’t look angry na at all times. Hehe… And, I really hope those damn headaches would stop already.

But just like everything else, we really can’t have it all. When I was trying to take it off last night, I spent around thirty minutes before I was able to take one off and around five with the other one. Because I was so scared that I might do something with my eye and my lids keeps on closing! Then this morning, when I was putting them on, I spent around fifteen minutes of my precious hour before I finally put them on. And, and, not to mention that the one for my right eye fell on the floor and when my mom entered the room and saw me searching the floor, I thought she’d help me find it, but no, she laughed at me instead and said that I look stupid! Grrr…

But I’m sure that I’ll get the hang of putting and taking it off, after I’ve only got it for a day. All in all, I’d say that I’m really glad I got a pair of new eyes.

0 comments: