A friend of mine in the office is leaving soon. She has been offered a really good opportunity in another company so she resigned.
I can't say that I really am a big part of her life, but i'm actually very much affected by it. I'm having mixed emotions regarding her leaving but in all of those, my sadness is the biggest.
I have three close friends at the office, but among them, she's the one that I feel closest to (i'm not sure though if she shares the same sentiment...hehe...). She's my lunch companion, shopping companion, e-mail buddy, fashion consultant, sometimes, my boss (hehe...). Whenever I have good or bad news, she's the always the first person in the office that I tell it to. I could tell her everything, from the simplest things like the things that happened to me on my way to work, to the biggest ones like my dreams, my hopes, my fears. She laughs with me and at me, gets angry with me and at me, gets sad with me and because of me, she's not afraid to tell me if i've hurt her or made her angry. And when i'm with her, i'm so comfortable and I can be who I really am. She's a friend through and through.
Geez, I will really miss you. And those times when our keyboards would be making all that sound because we're abusing our e-mail privileges to chat. And those times when we'd go out during lunch time and won't be back until after an hour and a half. And those times when we stay late at the office and have a hard time choosing a restaurant where we could eat just so we could consume our meal allowances up to the last centavo. And those times when we'd eat at some "posh" restaurants, even if we can't really afford it, just because we feel like it. But most of all, I will miss the companionship. Of having you around everyday, which somehow lessens the stress and pressure I get from work.
I'm sad but i'm also proud of you because you finally were able to do what you've been wanting to do for a long time. And i'm also happy for you because I know that you're meant for the bigger things and here is a really great opportunity for you to do so. And i'm also overwhelmed of the work that you're going to pass on to me! Okay, that last part was just partly true, because i'm also kind of excited to learn new things. Don't get me wrong on that, okay? Because like you, underneath all that ranting about work and bosses and deadlines, I just plain love to work. As a matter of fact, I believe that if left alone (which I'm afraid might happen soon...umm, the bosses can't read this, right?), I have the tendency to be a workaholic.
Haay, friend, you're leaving. For sure, you'll miss me. Hahaha! But seriously, let's not let this affect our friendship. Let's not let our absence from our everyday lives make us lose what we have, okay? We'd still text, exchange e-mails, and go out, okay? We'd still be friends, okay? Okay? Do I make myself clear? :)
And good luck. I know that you'll be successful wherever you go because I know that it's in you. Just have faith and always believe in yourself. And, God bless.
Gosh, got to go. He's here already, you know who so I won't elaborate. :)
1 comments:
*sniff*
I am flattered. And deeply touched.
I'll leave the other more personal comments to another more appropriate medium.
But true, true, no goodbyes. And heck, I'm only 2 bldgs away! If you're craving for kakanin, let's meet halfway! =)
Post a Comment