Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mid-Year Evaluation

Half of the year has already gone and what, I ask, have happened to the first part of my 2008? When the year started, I listed some resolutions that I want to do or accomplish this year. And just like what we do in the office, why don’t I do a mid-year evaluation of my goals for this year? :)

01. Be more appreciative of life and its blessings. Yeah, I’m learning. I’m learning to look at life a bit more optimistically and I really try not to be weighed down by disappointments and frustrations. I’m learning to accept that things are the way they are because they are, I don’t try to change and turn them around just to suit what I want. And I’m learning to be happy inspite of things not going my way.


02. Lose weight. Hay, I’m so far off with this goal. I actually think I gained more, as in!

03. Save. Well, this one, I’m proud to say that I am able to do this already. Even if it’s only small amounts, at least I have my own savings. Which is just right and I really should have done this so far back. I’ve been working for the past seven years I think it’s about time that I handle my financial affairs with more maturity and responsibility.

04. Go abroad to work. I almost did. A couple of months ago, I almost accepted an offer to work in Dubai even if their offer is a lower than what I was asking. But then I decided that I don’t want to settle. I mean, I’m going abroad, leaving behind my family and friends, it’s a huge sacrifice that I’ll be making, why not make it really worth it? So I’ll just wait for the right moment and the right opportunity, I know it’s just around the corner.

06. Be friendlier and more approachable. Weeell… yeah, a bit. Hehehe.

07. Complete my Friends VCD collection. I’m down to the first 2 seasons! I started with season 10 and worked my way backwards, hahaha, yeah I know it’s weird!

08. Do scrapbooks of my pictures. I still haven’t done a single thing in regards to this one.

09. Write a novel or even just a short story. I get a failing mark with this one because I still haven’t done anything yet.

10. Go some place else other than Baguio or Vigan. I think I just might. If plans for December when, Acy gets home materialize, I probably would.

All in all, I think I did pretty good because I am able to somewhat fulfill those that really matters. Don’t you think so, too? Wow, you know what I just realized? I think that after twenty-six years, I finally am growing up.

Ano, pasang-awa naman di ba? Hehehe.

0 comments: