"There's only one rule to follow when one falls in love for real for the first time. You go for broke."
- Isabel Reoja, First Love
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
someday... i'd be there someday...
Designed by Simplwp. Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .
2 comments:
Interesting post.
Do I think it's true? Um, yes. But I don't think you go for broke necessarily by choice. I think that falling in-love for real for the first time tends to naturally bring it out from people. What I mean to say is that it's hard not to want to give it your all and your very best because you're falling in love for the first time. You're caught up in all its glory. You may or may not have qualms about it, but it doesn't stop you from letting go and just enjoying the feeling of it all.
Is it necessarily wise? Probably not. But that's one of the things you learn from falling in-love for the first time right? You learn that loving someone is always a risk and that in order for you to truly love someone, you must love yourself first.
I think it happens even if you don't want it to. It's the only way you'll learn to keep a bit of love to yourself, assuming that the first real love didn't work out.
Sorry if I didn't make sense. Parang ala pa rin ako sa sarili ko. Ehehe.
Post a Comment