I'm just curious, don't people get tired of asking the same question and getting the same answer every time? If i'll have a penny for every time i'll get asked of when do I plan on having a boyfriend or every time i'll get a comment regarding my single status, I swear I could already go shopping and not think about how much i'm spending!
Seriously, why do people seem so "concerned" about the relationship status of other people, especially those of single ones? Can't they understand that we have reasons for staying single? Or that maybe, we also want to be in relationship only we haven't found the one to take the plunge with? It's irritating (for me) and for some who really wants to be with someone, that question or comment could be quite painful.
This is the reason why sometimes i'm hesitant to attend gatherings, be it family or friends, because I know that somehow this topic will come up and most of the time, I really just don't want to answer. My common response these days is just a smile and then i'll change the topic. But when i'm in a bad mood and someone will ask why i'm single or if I don't have plans to change that, I answer, "Eh sa wala eh, alangan naman pilitin ko?", sabay irap. Hehehe!
Let me say this again. I'm happy i'm single. To be completely honest there comes a time when you long to be with someone and yes, it does get lonely sometimes, but that does not happen all the time for me. I'm still enjoying my life as a single woman and I really don't think I want to change that anytime soon. Maybe, who knows my time is coming but until then, will you please let me be?
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment