See, I was surfing through the various blogs waiting for inspiration to strike so I can update my own blog when I came across Jim Paredes’ blog and read this entry.
“This, too, will pass.”
How many times have I heard it in the past? From my mom, my aunts, my friends, I’ve lost count already. But usually, when I hear it from them it is during a time when they or I are in a not so good situation. When we’re feeling a sense of hopelessness and despair and not when we’re feeling so happy or when everything is alright. Usually, it is accompanied with a deep sigh or tears or both. Never in a happy occasion and never with a smile.
The story in the said blog entry made me see that line in a totally different light. He has a point, everything that is going on in our lives, every feeling that we have, the people who are with us, all facets of our lives, eventually they will change and sometimes, we would be left wondering where everything and everyone has gone to. There will come a time when all that will be left of us are our memories, but then again, that too is not permanent. There will come a time when our memories will also be gone. What will be left then?
I realized that our lives truly are not ours, they’re just borrowed. We may be given choices on how to live it, we may have been given the free will to decide for ourselves what we want to do with it, but in the end, as Apo Jim have said, we are all only spectators. We may have only been the instruments for life to happen. It is not us and it is not ours.
I guess the best thing to do is to live for each moment. Enjoy it, savor it, laugh and cry when we feel like it, treasure each moment and treat them as if we would never feel like that ever again. May it be a moment of sadness, happiness, success, failure, or anything else, cherish and appreciate all of it because they, too, shall pass.
Hay, I’m not even sure if I made sense with this post. I apologize if I confused you with this entry, I can’t seem to organize my thoughts properly. Just hope you got something from it. =D
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment