Monday, February 01, 2010

28 before the 28th

It’s 28 days before my 28th birthday and I’m starting to get the blues. Yes, I know that age is just a number but still, that thinking won’t help you accept the fact that you’re getting old, at least not that much. I used to get excited whenever the calendar turns to February, because it means that it won’t be too long before my birthday arrives. But for the past couple of years, as soon as the calendar is turned to January, it’s like a very huge cloud slowly moves to cover the sun and I’m starting to feel, well, sad. I hope this goes away soon, because I want to celebrate my birthday not just for the sake of celebrating but because I really feel like celebrating. I want to feel happy on my birthday, it’s my special day, for goodness’ sake.

Funny, how just a few of days ago I was comforting someone who's feeling sad on his birthday because he feels like he's getting too old and he still has so much to accomplish and now i'm the one who needs comforting. Life, sometimes you can't help but be amused. :)

0 comments: