Last Friday was one of my closest friend's wedding. I was kind of hesitant to go because I'm not really okay with that wedding. I actually had an excuse not to go as it's closing and i'm busy, which is true but is something that can be arranged if I really wanted to. Hmm, how will I explain this? Okay, I don't like her husband. For the past six or seven years that they've been together, our group have always been at odds with the guy. There's just so many things that happened to them, to my friend that we feel bad about. But anyway, what else can we do, she already married the guy. Anywaaaaay, so the wedding was last Friday and though half-heartedly, I went with another friend of ours. We only went to the reception though and did not attend the wedding ceremony.
On the way to the wedding my friend and I kept on saying "mare, kasal na sila..." then we'll look at each other and sigh. Then at one point, I told her, "mare, they're already married... so it means that he's officially part of our circle... he'll get invited to events, trips..." to which my friend replied, "well, we have no choice, let's just hope that he'd say no when he got invited...".
Then, a funny and really awkward moment... when we got there, guess who was standing there to greet the guests? Yup, you're right, the guy!!! You have no idea how awkward and uncomfortable that moment was! Apparently, when we got there, my friend was still having her make-up retouched so the guy was left to greet the newcomers. My friend and I kept pointing fingers at each other on who will greet the guy first. As in, I think you could feel that we are debating no matter how quiet we were. Hehehe. In the end, we compromised, she was the one who went to greet first and I was the one who gave the gift. God, I know we're bad. But if you'd know our history, you'd at least understand why we are like this.
So after some more minutes, my friend came out from the room and before they officially enter the reception, we were able to greet her personally. It was a touching moment. Yes, we all cried and we were all surprised that we did. When I hugged her, I just felt, I don't know... something... then I just cried. There's something beautiful about sharing special events like those with people who are important, no matter the circumstances. In the end, no matter how hesitant I was to attend, I was glad I did. At least I made my friend happy because I know that although she's not saying it, our attendance IS a big deal to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm glad you went despite how you felt about the husband. You did the right thing and I'm sure your friend appreciated it.
Post a Comment