I have a confession to make. I am jealous, I am terribly jealous. Of those people who write so well and who can convey into words whatever is on their minds. Some people can make even the most mundane topic seem so interesting and fascinating. I envy that. And to be perfectly honest, sometimes I hate them. Not hate, hate. It's actually a "I wish I could write like that" hate. I so love to write but it seems to me that all I could ever produce are inconsistent ramblings and incoherent thoughts. I'm not fishing for compliments, i'm not asking people to say this or that to make me feel good, i'm just stating what I think about my writing. There are times that when I look back at some of the things i've written, I really can't help but cringe. Some are way, waaay bad that I don't know why I kept them. I do have my moments when my creative juices are so fresh that all they are giving me are good ideas but that does not often happen, or as often as I want to, especially recently. But wait here, I can write. Maybe not as good as others, but I know that I can write. I just think that there's something missing, I feel like there could be something more.
I wish... oh well.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know that feeling too well. :( I don't have any delusions about my writing ability, but when I come across something that's well written, I can't help but feel lacking. But, hey, I'm not writing to get an award or for popularity so I'm okay with what I write (most of the time!).
I'm also often in awe of how well other people can write. But I think part of the charm of blogging and reading other people's blogs is how different each of us express ourselves. Kahit bara-bara lang, it's ok.
I have a bad habit of writing something and then stopping in the middle and later on when I come back to it in my drafts parang ang panget ng sinulat ko.. so I end up deleting it altogether. Or sometimes I've lost momentum so I don't finish it anymore. But I'm trying to post as much as I can. I find blogging to be a good outlet. People may or may not like what I write pero ok lang din sakin. =P
So true, funny how it seems, hehehe. Sometimes I also feel envious of how well others write, how they can express their minds clearly, and how I wish I could write like them (in short, hindi ka nag-iisa). Isipin mo na lang: blog ko toh, paki mo?!
Jela/Karen/Elay: I agree with you guys, this is my blog so I can write whatever I want. :)
Karen: Actually, you are one of those people that I "hate". LOL!
Post a Comment