I saw Twilight last night! I went with my officemates and I was so excited that I got the tickets Tuesday night for Wednesday's showing. But other people were more excited than me because the all the seats were almost taken and we have to settle for seats third row from the screen, which is really, really close!
Anyway, I liked the movie though I still love the book more which is quite expected of me actually. While watching the movie, I keep on thinking of how it was in the book and it doesn't help that i've also read the draft of Midnight Sun, so I really can't separate the movie from the book and enjoy it just as it is. Plus the people in the cinema are so noisy, they have a comment on everything! Then there are two girls at our back who keeps on saying, "In the book, it's like this, it's like that...". I was like, can you please save the discussion for later?
The beginning of the movie was pretty fast then kind of slowed down in the middle. I felt that there were really good parts at the beginning that they weren't able to show in the movie. But I did love these parts in the movie:
1) Bella's visit to the Cullen house
2) When Bella introduced Edward to Charlie
3) The baseball game
4) The fight scene of Edward and James (I think James is hot, by the way :D)
5) The Prom dance of Edward and Bella
6) And of course, the kissing scene! Hehehe.
I still don't like Robert Pattinson as Edward though. I felt that there's something missing, I can't feel Edward's magic with him (Edward's magic??? Hehe). Or maybe my expectations are too high. Well what can I say, i'm in love with Edward so of course my expectations are high.
But all in all, it was a good movie. I enjoyed watching it and based also on the feedbacks of my teammates who haven't read the book, it was good. And I really think it's better for you to watch it first before reading the book so you can really enjoy the movie.
Go and see it. I'll be seeing it again. Hahaha.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL!
Is it just me or was Robert Pattinson's acting especially in the beginning of the film overly done? Like to the point of being silly and cheesy?
There were scenes more towards the middle and end of the movie where I thought he did show sides of Edward as how I envisioned them in the book. But yes, I agree, the books are waaayyy better.
The one thing I didn't like about the movie is the fact that it didn't show how slow and powerful the love between Edward and Bella progressed like how it was in the book. The intensity they had in the book was not quite there on film.
My faves are as follows:
- The Kissing scene
- The Prom
- The visit to the Cullens' house
There are plenty of scenes in the movie which I thought they could have done better.
Would I see it again? Yes, definitely. I love Edward after all.. hahahaha
No, it's not just you, I also thought that his acting was a bit forced.
And you're right, they weren't able to really show in the movie the intensity of Edward and Bella's love like in the book. The movie lacks the passion and strength of emotions that was present all throughout in the book. I like the movie, but I love the book.
But I would definitely see it again. Hahaha!
Post a Comment