Okay, i'm sorry if first thing in the morning that you'd read in my blog is this but I really can't stand it, lumalabas talaga pagiging laitera ko.
This morning on my way to work, the radio in the shuttle was playing something that sounds really familiar. Then I realized that it was the song Umbrella but then again it's not because the lyrics aren't the same. The lyrics was in Tagalog!!! Aaarggh! And let me tell you, it was really an annoying translation! I mean, people come on! Want a sample?
"... di na, di na, hinde, hinde, hinde, mababasa ng ulan..."
We have made tagalized version of songs before, but i'd like to believe that they aren't this ridiculous! Can't people write good songs nowadays and we just have to rely on revivals, acoustic versions, and translating songs from another language into our own? Have we ran out of talented people? I thought we are a talented race? What happened?
I really, really wish I don't hear that song again. Please, and I mean please!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah I just heard it now... kakahiya! I didn't know I could hate that crap of a song even more, this time in Tagalog. who invented umbrella should be shot in the streets!
Turns out that KC has a version of this song too. Where is the world coming to!?
Post a Comment