How do you deal with changes? How do you feel when your life which seems to be in perfect order gets rattled by something really big? When for you, things are going so well, everything’s in its proper place, plans are getting done and in time too, then all of a sudden, Bam! You have to deal with something so big that it throws you off-balance.
I admit I’m not too good in dealing with changes. I easily get scared. Of course, a part of me is challenged, how do I deal with it, how I’ll fit it into my life to make it seem that it has always been there, to make it look like nothing unsettling really has happened. But then, a bigger part of me is scared. Scared that things will get the better of me, that I’ll be so overwhelmed with the changes and instead of me accepting it I’d end up being swallowed by it. How things could go wrong, how negatively these changes will affect me, what if I’m not able to cope or adjust, things like that. Sometimes, this fear that keeps on popping up in my head prevents me from fully enjoying the good things that the change will bring me. That sometimes, being blinded by that fear makes me not appreciate this really good thing that is about to happen or is happening. And sometimes, that fear is what prevents me from grasping the opportunities that could have helped me reach my dreams. Pathetic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's not pathetic. :)
Just take these things one step at a time. It's scary, yes? But trust that you'll get through at the end of the day.
BTW, I found a snowglobe thing pero hindi city ung nasa loob ng globe kundi Panda Bears. Lol.
Hey! So, how's US treating you so far? :)
Thanks for the words of comfort... really appreciate it. :D
Yahoo! I have another snowglobe!!!! Thanks a lot!
Miss you na! Take care always! :D
I think it's normal to feel scared and apprehensive towards change because of the uncertaintly that typically comes with it. Ako din, I don't deal with changes quite as well as I should. But cliche as it sounds, change is the only thing that is constant. I guess, the best we can do is to try and cope with it as best as we can.
Post a Comment