Thursday, February 14, 2008

Because It's Valentine's Day

Sige, maki-join tayo sa pag-gunita ng Valentine’s Day. Here are some of my favorite lines from books, movies, and songs… all about love, of course. =)

Actually, this was supposed to be quite a long list, but since I’ve had no time (hmp, tinamad lang talaga ko… hehehe…) I just chose three for each.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! =D

Books
The Zahir (Paolo Coelho)
Until one morning, I’ll wake up and find I’m thinking about something else, and then I’ll know the worst is over. My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing the beauty of life once more. It’s happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive – I’ll find love again.

By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept (Paolo Coelho)
If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him. Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.

The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough.

Movies
Anna and the King (Jodie Foster, Chow Yun Fat)
“If love was a choice, who would choose such exquisite pain.”

My Bestfriend's Wedding (Julia Roberts, Dermot Mulroney)
“If you love someone, you say it, say it right then, out loud. Other wise, the moment just passes you by.”

Runaway Bride (Julia Roberts, Richard Gere)
“I guarantee that we’ll have tough times, and I guarantee that at some point one or both of us would want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life because I know in my heart, you’re the only one for me.”

Songs
Sandcastles (Regine Velasquez)
Today I have to let go and all will be forgotten, but after everything’s been said and done and knowing that I once had you in my life, the memories of what I used to be are traces that will remind you of me.

I Need To Be In Love (The Carpenters)
I know I asked perfection of a quite imperfect world and fool enough to think that’s what I’ll find.

Overjoyed (Stevie Wonder)
And though the odds say improbable what do they know, for in romance all true love needs is a chance.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"In love lies the seed of our growth. The more we love, the closer we are to the spiritual experience"

Have a nice day!

Aart