Monday, October 09, 2006

"Mommy, I want that car!!!"

A few nights ago, I decided to go to the mall on my way home just to unwind a bit, so off I went. As I was going out, I noticed a little boy crying and wailing so loud and you could see that her mother was embarrassed already and was smiling apologetically at people who are looking at them. He was shouting repeatedly, “Mommy, I want that car! I want that car! Mommy, get me that car!”.

I just shook my head and left. Then I thought, was I like that when I was young? Did I throw a tantrum when my Mama didn’t get me what I wanted? Gosh, I sure hoped not! (I actually confirmed this with my Mama and she said no… ü) Then I thought of what I really wanted ever since I was a kid but never got around to getting it. And do you know what it was?

A music box.

Yes, a music box, where when you open it, a song would play and a ballerina would go dancing around the box. I don’t know why I wanted a music box. All I know is that it looked so beautiful and I wanted it so badly. When I was a kid, I didn’t ask my Mama to get me one because, well, it’s a long story, then I asked myself why, now that I can afford it, I didn’t get one. And I realized that it’s because I wanted it to be given to me. You might think that’s weird, but come on, haven’t you had something that you wanted to be given to you instead of you getting it for yourself?

Anyway, I wanted a music box to be given to me because I believe that a music box is a different, special link between two people. Whenever I would open that music box, I want to relate that to one person and think only of that person and everything that reminds me of that person. Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m not making any sense here, but I know that you get what I mean. Just think of Anastasia and her Grandmamma, and then you’ll understand what I’m saying. ü

Gosh, ka-dramahan.

I guess the bottom line is, I still want a music box and I believe that one day, somebody will give me one. Or maybe, if after twenty years, I still haven’t gotten one, I’ll just buy it myself.

0 comments: