Saturday, January 31, 2009

14 Days To Love - Uhm, okay...

V-day is just around the corner and please don’t tell me you’re not aware of that. Haven’t you been out of your house and had not seen those hearts floating around the malls? Or those flying cupids perhaps? How about the heart-shaped donuts in the billboards along EDSA? There’s no denying it, that “much-awaited” day is fast approaching. I’m not bitter because I’m single, though some people might argue with that, I’m okay with v-day, I just don’t like how commercialized it has become.

Anyway, instead of being difficult about it, I decided to join my friends in this blog project of sorts. Actually, Jela started this last year but then Mark and I decided to do it also this year. It’s called 14 Days To Love, where starting from Feb1 up to Feb14, we’d pick a quote or a dialogue or something about love. Jela will do movies and TV shows, while I will do books, and Mark will do… well, he wants to keep it a surprise. :)

At first I thought it’ll be easy, me being a book-lover and knowing that my favorites tend to lean more on romance and such – but it was so hard! I have already chosen the 14 quotes/dialogues, but I’m not quite satisfied with them so I still have to go through some of my books again. It doesn’t help that I get engrossed in re-reading some of the books that I get waylaid from my purpose.

I hope you enjoy this project of ours as much as we enjoyed doing them. And oh, happy v-day everyone! :)

0 comments: