Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Two Weeks

You’d think that with the long holidays I would be able to post at least a couple of entries in my blog. But no, not a single post. I’m just too lazy to think of something to write about. We’ve been granted almost two weeks of vacation due to the holidays but of course, being the accountant that I am (which led me to wonder for the nth time WHY I ever chose this profession), I had to go to the office on some days to finish some (by some I meant a lot) tasks that has to be completed due to the year-end closing. That was quite a long sentence, wasn’t it?

But during the vacation, I did finish off two of my personal tasks which I have been putting off for several months already. First is cleaning my closet, to my mother’s utter delight as she has been nagging me to do it for half a year already, I think. Second is updating my booklist. Only two tasks????? Almost two weeks of vacation and you are only able to do those two things????? Weeellll, let me explain. Cleaning my closet took about a day because I had to sort out clothes into three categories: still being used, not currently and no longer be used, and to what I still want to use when I lose weight. And I’m telling you, it’s not an easy thing to do, as in. Then I had to sort out my cds, vcds, letters, pictures, etc. etc. Yes, my cds and vcds goes into my closet because I don’t know, they have a habit of getting lost when I leave them in the living room area. Of course, when sorting out letters and pictures, you can’t help but go down memory lane and before you know it, you’ve read all the letters and looked at all the pictures which shouldn’t even have gotten out of their boxes because they are already sorted out, then you’d have no choice but to do everything all over again. Updating my booklist also took up a day. What, you’re asking me why? Uhm, because I browsed some of the books?

Aside from those mentioned above, I also did a lot of bumming around. I got to read some books (wherein I had a hard time choosing which ones because they were all screaming, “Pick me! Pick me!”), watched some FRIENDS and of course, my holiday movie of all time - While You Were Sleeping, then goofed around with my pamangkins who were with us the entire two weeks, and met some friends. I was also able to catch two MMFF movies, Ang Tanging Ina Nyong Lahat and Desperadas 2. I had more fun watching the first movie than the second one but Ruffa Gutierrez was really gorgeous! And the most important thing of all, I slept! A LOT!

All in all, I really had fun during the holidays. Even if reality (meaning work) knocks in every once in a while, it had been a truly enjoyable two weeks. Which is kind of good I think, to bring in to the new year where the first thing I had to face is the year-end closing. And on that note...


NOTE: This entry was written while I’m at the office and in the middle of posting accrual journals.

3 comments:

k a r e n said...

I know what you mean about spending so much time cleaning closets.. It takes me a long time to organize mine too! First, I have to take everything out and then sort them into the following piles:

- clothes to be given away
- summer clothing
- fall/winter clothing
- underwear/lingerie, socks and tights
- jackets/outerwear
- scarves and belts
- dresses/formal/office wear

AND all purses and bags go on the top shelf.. yeesh!

don't worry, it's perfectly normal to want to relax during the holidays.. buti ka nga you did something productive... ako walang wala. LOL

Jela said...

Among the things I want to change about myself is that I will refuse to feel guilty when I'm bumming around. I reckon I've been working too hard that I deserve a little "nothing" time!

Also, I will not feel bad when I choose TV/books/DS lite over social life. Social life, what's that?! :)

May kinalaman ba ito sa entry mo? Parang wala ata hahaha...

jen said...

Karen: I forgot to mention the bags! Hehehe.

Jela: Oo nga, we should not feel guilty when we do nothing, I think we deserve it after working ourselves to death, di ba? :)