Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thank You

At the office, it has been a tradition in our department to give a small gift whenever there's a birthday or a resignation. I'll only be reporting for work until the end of the month, and a couple of Sundays ago on our way home from our company outing my officemates gave me their gift. It's a compilation of messages from them, from some former officemates, and from some people that i've worked with in the other departments/division.

From the moment they gave it to me, i've read it about ten times already. And each time, I get more emotional. When I first read it, I was more excited to find out who gave me messages rather than what they said and it's only now that their words are starting to sink in. Some of the messages are quite long and some are short but nevertheless, all of them really touched me. I won't mention exactly what they said about/to me, I guess it would be suffice to say that they made me appreciate myself more and made me realize that i'm not as bad as what I perceive myself to be. It really feels good to have people say nice things about you especially those that are so unexpected. Isn't it funny how sometimes other people seem to appreciate us more than we do ourselves?

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to them even though I know that there's a very slim chance that they'll get to read this. Thank you guys for all the inspiring messages that you gave me. Thank you for appreciating what I have done for the team and for acknowledging it. Thank you for all the things i've learned during my two year stay at AIG, ive really learned a lot and no doubt had I stayed I would surely learn more. For my bosses, thank you for not making my decision to leave any harder by accepting and understanding the reasons behind it, I really appreciated that. But most of all, thank you for the friendship and the caring that you've shown me at one time or another. All of you have left a mark in my life and all those times that we shared together will always be etched in my mind. I remember one of my biggest fears when I transferred at AIG was that I won't be able to have the same kind of relationship that I had with my former officemates but it soon became apparent that I need no fear. But now, you've made it more difficult for me because surely I would also look for the kind of relationship that we had in my future company.

Finding a job where you like what you're doing and like the people you're working with even more is really hard and i'm both glad that I found that with you and sad because i've just given it up. But as they say, some good things must come to an end to give way to much greater things. This isn't goodbye because I refuse it to be. It's a small world, who knows when and where we'll meet again? So i'll just say...

Take care guys, God bless... till we meet again...

0 comments: