Friday, February 09, 2007

I did it! I did it!

I did it! After two weeks of feeling stressed out, of sleeping at one in the morning, of having breakfast at McDonald's or Starbucks and being late for work, of having nothing on my mind but this thing that i'm currently obsessed about, I finally did it!

I finally finished reading the Harry Potter from book one through book six!!!

I wasn't really a fan of HP when it came it out years ago and only now am I realizing what a huge mistake that was! I can't remember the exact reason why I wasn't really into it but I think it has got to do with it being primarily for kids or at least the younger people. A friend actually lend me a copy of the first book in the series and I returned it to her after a couple of weeks without even finishing the first chapter. What a shame. And then, a couple of weeks ago, I don't know why but I pulled out my sister's copy of the first book from the shelves and then the obsession began.

Sure I am a fan of books that comes in a series and I have this mad obsession that if i've read a part of a series I have to read all, but I have never, as in never, been this mad! It's like i've been under the influence of some wizard (named Harry) and after finishing one I have to rush to the next one. I texted my friend if I could borrow some of the books in the series that my sister doesn't have and when she wasn't able to lend me book five, I actually borrowed from my mom's officemate! Gosh, embarrassing really when I think about it. And I could only sympathize with those who have to wait years before reading the next installment of this series!

I'm still feeling overwhelmed by everything i've read that's why this blog probably doesn't make any sense but of this one thing i'm sure...

It's a damn good series and I am certainly going to have it in my collection!

And to my friend, congratulations! You finally had me converted. =)

Ooooh, can't wait for book 7! Hahaha!

1 comments:

Jela said...

much as i would like to get the credit for making a 'convert' out of you, it really is j.k. rowling's magical writing that should be credited. =) i'm glad you like the series. now everyone of us can discuss the books like the addicts that we all are!!!

so, the first question to ponder (and this was actually posted by jkr herself on her website as the question that should have been asked of her): why did dumbledore have james potter's invisibility cloak? think, think, think. =)